Principal / IT Manager - Power Outages expected. Time to AUDIT your Computer Room UPS.
Summer means the School Computer Server Room or School Data Centre may experience either, Power Surges or Power Failures. Your UPS normally protects your school IT network.
It is essential that you check your school UPS or Power management. Power outages may cause:
- School network down
- Loss of school and student data
- Phone IP System down
- Print System down
- No access to school and library administration system
- No student portal access
As Principal or IT Manager, you need to ensure you audit your Computer and Data Centre Room.
An audit means you:
- Assess the current condition of your computer room and look at options
- Identify the critical equipment in your racks such as Servers, Data Storage, IP Telephone systems and Switches. Then Check the Power that these devices draw.
- Report on what you need to do to both ensure and improve your current power and back up. Wasted capital expenditure can also be seen in the report.
Smaller School Site
You still need to check your UPS Battery (Uninterruptable Power Supply)
Larger School Site
You may need to consider an audit. Will your UPS and Data Centre Power management equipment cope with the expansion of your school IT? There are now improved Power management and Cooling options which you may need to consider.
Free White Paper
See APC WHITE PAPER 129 – for a new view of Data Centre (Server Room).
We can perform audits or offer advice, please contact our Education Team at 1300 368 010 or email us.